Dazzle Jazz presents
“Great Women of Jazz – The Stories Behind the Music”
Featuring Deborah Stafford and The Flatirons Jazz Orchestra
Join us Monday night, November 20, for another evening of stories and music, featuring the great women of Jazz.
One show only. 6:30 to 8:00.
Female artists have made vital contributions to jazz history, shattering gender norms and enhancing the genre with their voices. This unique show combines stories and music to explore the lives of the female artists so often overlooked in jazz history, including:
- Billie Holiday – “God Bless the Child”
- Ella Fitzgerald – “Honeysuckle Rose”
- Sarah Vaughan – “Darn That Dream”
- Peggy Lee – “Black Coffee”
- Anita O’Day – “Cow Cow Boogie”
- Blossom Dearie – “Deed I Do”
- Carmen McRae – “When Sunny Gets Blue”
- Nina Simone – “Feelin’ Good”
- Julie London – “Cry Me a River”
- Diane Reeves – “How High the Moon”
- Shirley Horn – “Here’s to Life”
- Diana Krall – “I’m Just a Lucky So and So”
- Dianne Schuur – “I Just Found Out About Love”
And lots more.
One show, 6:30 to 8:00
. Doors open at 6:00. Reserved seating so get your tickets early for great seats. Front of Stage $35, General Admission $25, Student/Teacher $15 at the door or online. These shows always sell out, so get your advance tickets here.
The Flatirons Jazz Orchestra is a traditional 18-piece big band that authentically recreates the great music of the Swing Era. Rated “Best Big Band in Denver” by CBS Local, and “One of the 10 Best Jazz Bands in Colorado” by ReverbNation, we play in regular rotation at all of the major dance venues in the Front Range, but Dazzle is our favorite.
This is the REAL DEAL: 5 saxes, 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, piano, guitar, bass, drums, and one of the best jazz singers in the country.
Dazzle is Denver’s premier venue for eclectic eats & cocktails that fuel jazz fans who visit this supper club for the nightly live acts. At the NEW address, 1080 14th Street, Denver.